Sunday, July 21, 2013

In Her City

We arrived in Chongqing!  We were the token foreigners on the packed 737-700 flight.  Brent said he felt badly they had to repeat the safety procedures in English just for us.

Before we left our traditional hotel in Beijing, we circled up as a family and prayed.  When it was Beck's turn, his words were so poignant, raw, and spot on.  I quickly jotted them down after.  This was his prayer:

"Dear Jesus,
We can't wait until tomorrow.  
Our hearts are beating so fast.  
Thank you for my beautiful sister.  
Help me fall asleep tonight because I might not.  
Help us have happy lives.
Amen."


Tomorrow, this crib won't be empty!  EEEK!!

Beck's blog and prayer sum it up!


Beck's Blog

5 comments:

  1. I feel my heart racing right along with you. It is now 9pm my time and I am thinking that you are starting your day right now to get your little girl!!! It's too much!!!! CAN'T WAIT to wake up in the morning and wait all day for a post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Praying and so excited to see you with Everlee this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So happy for your growing family! Praying for all of you! Thanks for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow!! I can't wait to read tomorrow's entry! :)

    ReplyDelete