Sunday, September 29, 2013

Our Life in Pictures

I always feel like I need to write a whole bunch.  Not this entry.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.  I mean, we do take a LOT of them...

Daddy runs a few times a week, and E loves to go with him.  It's a great break for me, and a special thing for them to share.


Speaking of special time, my devoted afternoons to Penn are making a difference.  He is improving in his personal transition.  Less jealousy, less in her face, less whining, more harmony.  Yes, I just used my new favorite word: Harmony.  
Reacting to getting a "hit" in Battleship.


Built Radiator Springs, just like I used to for hours with Beck when he was an only.  


"Played" Catan and Goochy said he "won for the most houses on water."


Went to the park.  Tried to get E to cross the wood bridge, but she didn't like that it moved when she walked.  She clung to my leg, which I thought was sweet.  She is fearless, so this took me by surprise.



Dancing at Oktoberfest.


Learning to "cheese."  It looks so awkward, but hilarious.


Boy does she love Beck!


Obnoxious Selfie!


She looks forward to this each evening... pretend driving the car in the driveway.  When B pulls in, she runs up to the car with her arms out for him to pick her up through the window.


Mixed reaction to the boots.  She's gotten better about shoes, but it can still be a mini struggle to get them on initially.  


Good thing we had a superPenn to take Mommy and E out to lunch.


Getting into girly stuff.  Feeds the baby, strolls the baby, then throws her.  Two out of three ain't bad.  


Beautiful downtown Charleston.  Old school night of a picnic and freeze tag on the square.  The best kind of nights.  


Tried out local college football.  Everyone did well all the way through halftime.  We decided to leave on a high note, rather than wait for the meltdowns.  Beck enjoyed the game, and the others enjoyed the band, cheerleaders, energy of the fans, and kettle corn!  



Dancing to the Lorax soundtrack with Daddy.


Sporting neve/hawk.  I can't tell you how many people commented on her cute pants at church.  Thanks, Aunt Kris and Uncle Bob.  If you experience a surge in sales, you're welcome.  


Um, I had to include this picture because this homemade Optimus Prime costume is freakin' impressive.  All cardboard.  Bob's brother made it.  He did an All-spark hunt for his son's birthday.  My boys thought it was awesome. Everlee followed five feet behind...  Curious, but a little freaked out.  


As promised.  The picture I referenced last entry.  Beck nursing baby "Pelly" when Penn was born.  It's cool to think E plays with that same doll now.  It meant a lot to little Beck at the time.  It helped him through his transition then, and it's helping her through hers now.  Awwww.  


She's come so far.  We've come so far.  

In our training, they prepare you for interactions with strangers' curiosity.  In two months, we have only had questions twice.  And both times were totally appropriate and respectful.  They just wanted to know.  One was an elementary school boy at the playground.  He said, "Is she your baby?"  When I answered yes, he continued, "Well, she looks different."  It was so innocent and honest.  I love kids.  I thought I handled it in a way he could understand.  I told him she didn't grow in my belly, she grew in another mom's belly.  He thought for a minute, "Did she run away?" Ha!  She's two.  But that made sense to him.  I chuckled, "No, her Mom couldn't take care of her, so I am."  And with that, he smiled and asked her to play.  The only other encounter was a kind grown man who had a lot of questions.  When he asked how long she's been home, he was shocked to hear me say less than two months.  "You'd never know.  She seems so comfortable with you."  That made my heart happy.   

She really has become attached to our/her family.  I get tears thinking of how far she's come in such little time. When we met her, she couldn't jump or do stairs.  Now, she gets "air" and goes up the stairs like a champ.  Of course, she slides down on her belly, like her brothers.  She searches for me if I'm out of sight, and she is allowing herself to lay on my chest for ten seconds or so.  Every hug is now full on with arms around my neck.  This child didn't rest herself on me at all those first two weeks.  Now hugs and small snuggles.  Amazing.  And all she (and all these children) need is love and attention.  It's both heartwarming and sad to think that's all they need.  

2 comments:

  1. Love these glimpses into your days. Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Jess, It warms my heart to see her growing close to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete