Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Gyro Break


With the go ahead from our social worker, both Penn and Everlee started Mom's Morning Out/Child's Day Out at a local church today.  I needed these four hours to regroup. Penn was so pumped talking about "school" last night, bragging to Beck how he didn't get to go too.  Emerging from the shower, Penn asked if he could get dressed and go right then!  He was excited to see his friends from last year, wear a backpack, and take a sack lunch!

Driving there this morning, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up.  A dentist.  Such a suck up ;-)


There was much planning on E's behalf.  I enrolled her in a class with children younger than her so she'd fit in better.  I requested a lovely teacher and good friend of a friend, Teri, that had the experience of a newly adopted Chinese girl in her room a couple years prior.  Of course, we attended Meet the Teacher so she'd be familiar with the room.  I called Mrs. Teri and spoke with her at length yesterday about assistance with food, sign language, changing of bibs, leaving her in a diaper, her demeanor, and my meager expectations.
(She was way more into her lunchbag than taking this picture.)

Well... Everlee ran right into her classroom!  She didn't notice me slip out and Teri encouraged me to do so.  I didn't make a scene of the bye-bye, because I wasn't sure how she'd react.  I left my cell and asked her to text me if E had a hard time.  My phone was silent!  After, I was assured by several sets of supportive eyes that she did well all morning.

I headed to Flowertown and volunteered in Beck's class.  An enjoyable way to show Beck his importance to me during this time when he often gets the back burner.  

Back in my Wednesday groove.

My special splurge?  A delectable take out order from the Greek place. I snarfed that gryo blissfully in the car minutes before the littles' pick up.  Amazing what some tzatziki sauce and a few hours without chasing can do for the soul!

Everlee lit up when I came back to get her.  Radiated happiness.  Ran to me, dimples extra pronounced.  That was a great feeling.  One that makes this whole new life worth every trial.    







 

No comments:

Post a Comment