Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Last Summer

I'm baaaack!  My computer has been maxed to capactiy for over 8 months, and although I asked my sweet husband to get it working again for our 10 year anniversary in October, again at Christmas, again at Valentine's Day, and yet again for my birthday, it was not until I took it MYSELF to Mac Corner that it was repaired this week.  They basically rebuilt my laptop with a new hard drive, processor thingy, and upgraded software.  I feel like I'm visiting my therapist for the first time in far too long.  Where do I begin?

The easiest way to recap all that has past is through pictures. Here was last summer:

Beck played his first piano recital.

We made our rounds to say goodbye.  We were not sure where we were moving to, but we knew it was our summer to move.  So, we carried on with final visits.  Here's Mattie with all her grandbabies.

Visited our besties, the Black family, who we were stationed with in Italy.


 And spent loads of time with all our local friends.


Our neighbors were some of the hardest to leave.  It was like Sister Wives.  One big happy family with keys to each other's homes and daily driveway chats.  

A little girl who crushed on Penn in preschool even went for the goodbye kiss!





We played hard too, enjoying that hot, humid southern air. We took advantage of our porch, the long driveway, and beach while we could, not knowing what our next house or location would offer.  


Cousins came to visit too.  Just like old times!  
And we took two mini-vacations over long weekends just us: Kennedy Space Center and Asheville, NC. 





The kids said goodbye to their bunnies.  (We still thought we'd be going overseas, so we thought we couldn't take them with us.)
The big event was Everlee's Gotcha Day Party to celebrate her one year anniversary with us.  It was simple and a blast! She was super into Frozen.  A cupcake cake, a picture board of memories, the Frozen CD blaring from my parked van, family and friends, and a bubble machine in the driveway. Hours of fun!  







We got last minute orders to Colorado, Beck went to school in SC for one week, our house was packed up, and off we went. Just like that. 



It all happened so quickly.  Maybe for the better.  We didn't have time to absorb all the chaos and change.  We just powered through it.  







  

1 comment:

  1. SO HAPPY YOU ARE BACK and that I happened to check ;)

    ReplyDelete